Friday, December 27, 2013

Planning for the Big WINTER Ride

I had lunch with Nelle today. She will also be riding with our group from NYC to DC. We are the only two traveling from the District to begin the ride in NY.  I've quickly realized that I'm also the only 'grandma' in the group. In fact, I've calculated that the average age, excluding me, is 27.  My daughter is 33, which also happens to be the age of the next oldest person participating in this ride. That is definitely food for thought.

I quickly realized that Nelle was much more prepared than me. She had made notes and identified many things that we needed to review. I, of course, have only focused on the folly of riding 250+ miles in winter.  BUT, we now have a plan......we have gear shopping lists, snack shopping list, fundraising ideas, NYC transportation options and more.

Most importantly, I believe that we both recognized training will be the least of our concerns because ride or no ride, we'll still be biking anyway!

You can find both of us on Twitter:
LeslyJ @DCxFitChic
Nelle @NellePierson
#WeBikeToDC

No comments:

Post a Comment