Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring has arrived .... Maybe?

Last Thursday was the first day of Spring! This should mean warmer weather and longer bike rides, right?

Well I was able to put in 50 miles on Saturday. I did the Halv Vasa with our local advocacy group. I rode to the start and quickly realized just how cold it would be but I finished with 35 miles including my commute to the start. I left the first ride, had a quick snack then joined a friend for an additional 16 sunny, warm miles. I understand we actually broke the 70 degree mark. My KoKo was quite pleased with her 2nd ride of the year.

Things were so successful Saturday, we immediately scheduled a Sunday morning ride. I knew it would be colder but found the unexpected wind a deterrent to taking KoKo out for back to back days. Thank goodness for multiple bikes. Kat, my trusty steel framed single speed, performed bravely in the wind and we got in a nice 30 mile recovery ride. I was joined by two friends and of course, Starbucks was a required stop.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will get two good days next weekend, but if winter was any indication, this may be a tough spring. I'm already hearing about a chance for snow next week.  And to think, 30 Days of Biking begins in 9 days. Please weather gods, bless us with an amazing April.




No comments:

Post a Comment